This program is a school-wide system of behavior and academic support.
- We know the academic success of our children, we must also improve their social success.
- Academic and social failures are reciprocal and inextricably related.
The focus is on......
- School as a unit of implementation
- Connecting social and academic achievement
- Team-based leadership
- Sustainability of effective practices
- Data-based decision-making
The emphasis at each level is on prevention.
Universal Level - Goal: to reduce new cases of problem behavior and/or academic failure
Targeted Level - Goal: to reduce current cases of problem behavior and/or academic failure
Intensive/Wraparound Level - Goal: to reduce complications, intensity, severity of students with chronic problem behavior and/or academic behavior
Building Level commitments.......
- Three-five year focus to get sustainable change
- Active administrative support and participation
- Administrative leadership for PBIS
- Commitment from staff
- Completion and use of data collection (discipline and academic data, survey, checklists)
The following link displays the expectations for all educational settings at Northeast - Matrix.PDFBe Safe, Be Healthy, Be Responsible, Be Respectful